Quick Chickpea and Mushroom Mediterranean Stew


I threw this together last night and I just have to post the recipe. It is so quick, easy and delicious.

The Ingredients
2 small cooking onions (or one big one!) roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin chickpeas
250g mushrooms
300ml stock
2 TBSP ground almonds
1-2 TBSP tomato puree


Salt
Pepper
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
Pinch cayenne
1 tsp paprika

The How To
  • Fry the onions and garlic until soft
  • Add the tomatoes and chickpeas and ground almonds
  • Add the stock gradually until you get a consistency you're happy with (I went for a little watery, but not swimming)
  • Stir in the seasoning and tomato puree, then add the mushrooms. Cover and cook until mushrooms are soft.

THAT'S IT. So easy, so yummy and if you're serving it to guests they'd never know it was so simple. I served mine with cous cous that was cooked in stock with added tomato puree for a change in colour and depth of flavour. Once the cous cous is ready to serve I add a little oil to improve the texture - it works so well.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Si said...

Nice one Kelly! I'll add that to my recipe collection :)

Post a Comment

top